Penny Baber Memorial Jumper Derby Series
Hosted by Doubletree Farm, 246 Meador Road, Cumberland, VA 23040
To benefit the Deep Run hounds!!!
July 29th, 2017 ~ September 24th, 2017 ~ October 15th, 2017
All Derbies to begin at 8:30 am
Food available onsite
Come join us in our wonderful new cross country field! New stadium fences too!!! Course open for schooling the Friday before each Derby, weather permitting.
Prizes for Champion and Reserve Champion at each show and series end High Point awards!
Our Jumper Derbies will combines stadium jumps and cross country jumps that might typically be encountered at a jumper show, event/horse trial or in the hunt field. This is a great way to test your horse's willingness to jump a mix of fences over varied terrain. Come sharpen your skills for the jumper ring or your next event, to prepare for the upcoming hunt season or just to have fun!! These competitions are open to all disciplines and will be very relaxed, casual affairs.
All Divisions will consist of 3 rounds:
Round 1: Optimum Time Round.
Round 2: Power and Speed Round.
Round 3: Gambler's Choice Round.
• $15/class or $40/division pre-entry; $20/class or $55/division day of show
• $30 per horses for stabling
• Friday Schooling $25 per horse, call for time availability
Divisions: if enough entries will divide into Senior/Junior
Tadpole - Rails on the ground up to 6 - 8 inches tall
Green - Fences up to 18" tall
Advanced Green - 2'0 - 2'3 verticals
Beginner Novice - 2'4 -2'7 verticals & oxers
Novice - 2'8 - 2"11 verticals & oxers - may have Liverpool and/or skinny
Training - 3'0- 3'3 verticals, oxers - may have Liverpool, corner and skinny
General Rules and Regulations:
• Generally run according to USEA/USEF rules where applicable. The organizer further reserves the right to combine or split classes.
• Pre-entries encouraged! Must be received the Thursday before the Derby.
• Horses may be competed in up to 2 consecutive divisions
• Attire: Informal but neat and tidy. SEI/ASTM Helmets are required.
• Courses will be open for walking the night before the event, the morning of prior to 8am and just prior to each division.
• Ribbons 1st - 6th for each class and Champion and Reserve Champion for each division as well as Series End High Point Awards for each division.
• Event will fill in a first come first serve basis
• Please include current coggins with the registration form.
• $5 off total discount per division for Area 2 Adult Riders members, Hunt Club members and Pony Club members. Please list on entry form.
• For more information, please email questions/for more information email@example.com or call (804) 624-1142.
Penny Baber Memorial Jumper Derby Series Entry Form
Circle date of show(s) you are entering:
July 29th, 2017 September 24th, 2017 October 15th, 2017
Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (804) 624-1142
Please include Copy of valid Coggins & signed liability waiver with pre-entries.
Horse or Pony Name:_________________________________
Junior or Senior:________________________________
$15/class or $40/division pre-entry; $20/class or $55/division day of show, Make checks payable to Doubletree Farm.
Circle Round # for Entry or Circle Division for all 3
Tadpole 1 2 3
Green 1 2 3
Advanced Green 1 2 3
Beginner Novice 1 2 3
Novice 1 2 3
Training 1 2 3
Preliminary 1 2 3